Since Kiley had her first day off during the week since she started residency, we decided to celebrate by a little lunch trip to the mall. Of course, I was late going back to work when Kiley got sucked in by the kiosk lady selling straightening irons. Not that I am any better at saying no to people, but Kiley just happened to be the one with her hair down today! It was hilarious, of course, the lady barely spoke english and before she even knew what happened Kiley was in the chair having her hair straightened by a "pure ceramic" iron, not the "imitation chi" that she normally uses. Said lady proceeded to insult Kiley by telling her continually that her hair was dry, frizzy, and unhealthy. Of course, all I could do was laugh and take pictures with my phone! Then lady decided to make Kiley's hair curly..and we all know that Kiley's hair has not held a curl her entire life. After what seemed like an eternity and me pleading that I was gonna be late for work, Kiley finally convinced the lady that she was not buying the $200 new iron,that she had a chi that works completely fine and didn't care if she could make "4 easy payments". Well, not so much as convinced her as she just had to jump out of the chair and run away when the lady wouldn't take no for an answer! It was awesome. And sorry, Kiley for not being more helpful. Well, and for the laughing.

I am pretty sure Ki is in pain right now! :)
Oooooh, and here is the one curl that has been in her hair her entire life!!
In other news, I had dinner with Jess and Rach tonight. It was Rach's first night out after having Syd. She is one month old now and doing great! I told them about driving the mini van and they are both convinced that I will drive one someday. I argued that it will never happen. In fact, I wrote and signed a contract on a napkin that says if I ever own a minivan that I will pay them both $1000! I said that I would not be able to afford to pay them that amount, but Jess was quick to point out that I would be saving TONS of money on gas and that it would be no problem for me! Thanks a lot, Jess Brown.
P.S. All my Sydney pictures are on my other computer so I will have to devote a post all to her later!

3 comments:
I can't believe your sister got suckered into getting her hair straightened! We have those ppl here to and I always act like I didn't hear them calling out to me! ;)
Oh and I think I'm with the girls.. you'll be a mini van gal in ohhhh 10 years! ;)
that was the lady giving all the hair advice? her hair isn't frizzy at all!
S: I know, eh?! The ONE rule in mall etiquette is never ever make eye contact with the kiosk people!
AND I am so sure that I will not have a mini that I am willing to make an amendment to the contract to include you in the $1000 prize!
J: I know, right?? She had way bad frizzy hair!
Post a Comment